CENTRAL TRANSPORT ANNOUNCES 2010 GENERAL RATE INCREASES
Warren, Michigan, January 6, 2010
- Central Transport (CT), one of the nation’s most technologically advanced less-than-truckload (LTL) carriers, has announced its 2010 general rate increase.
In today’s changing economy, Central Transport continually strives to control costs. Some of these costs, in areas such as insurance, security, energy and rail transportation have continued to rise. Given these fiscal realities and the marketplace requirements of remaining a strong, competitive transportation provider, Central Transport will implement a rate increase averaging 4.9 percent for the United States and Canada effective January 6, 2010. The impact may vary depending on specific lanes, rate schedule and shipment characteristics such as weight or class.
Over the past year, Central Transport has:
• Expanded next-day and 2nd day service points through network optimization and the use of sleeper teams
• Focused on innovation with system-wide usage of handheld shipment scanning technology and patented load decking systems
• Driven down freight damage and improved claims ratios to over 99% claim free
• Hired hundreds of the best professional drivers, and provided them with new vehicles that deliver excellent performance with lower-emission rates
• Continued to lead the industry in reducing our carbon footprint through green initiatives
In addition, Central Transport continues to enhance the services customers rely on daily, including MyCentral.com. Customers can find answers for transportation questions 24/7 at MyCentral, or by calling the exceptional Customer Service Center at 1-586-467-1900.
If you have any questions about the service enhancements or rate changes, please contact your account executive.